Sunday, February 7, 2016

Play!


Remember when you were a kid and a Saturday afternoon spent at the playground was what dreams were made of?

Well, don't let my facial expressions in the photo above fool you.  Playing at PursuitOCR yesterday was epic.

Pursuit is a playground for adults situated (quite conveniently) walking distance from my home in Toronto.

I went with my friend Luci who reached superstar status when she made it all the way up the half pipe on her second run of the course.  (Give me another 10 tries and I might be able to pull that off).



We both did two runs of the course which had everything from walls to climb, ropes, tunnels with ropes to manoeuvre, monkey bars, rings, tires, and ball pits (when was the last time you were in a ball pit?!)

I was surprised with how well I did on most of the obstacles.  I struggled heavily on the monkey bars, which I had in my backyard growing up and remember being able to do with ease.  I'll need to do some upper body strength training to get those muscles up to par ahead of my next visit.

All in all it was a great experience!  I will definitely be back.  


 


On my way home it occurred to me that there is a park just a few doors over with.. you guessed it... monkey bars!

If you need me, you know where to find me.


No comments:

Post a Comment