Thursday, February 25, 2016

Weeks like these

This was one of those weeks.

You know the kind.

One of those weeks when my work, passion projects, and social life made it IMPOSSIBLE to get to the gym.  

There were late nights catching up with old friends, early mornings making impossible things happen at the office, hours lost sweating the small stuff, all nighters traveling between Ottawa and Toronto, laundry (at some point), and, of course, the highlight of my week: Singing for the first time on Parliament Hill in Ottawa at a Black History Month event with the Prime Minister!

Safe to say it was a busy week.  I didn't even have time to obsess about a crush.  Those who know me know I can always find time to obsess about a good crush.

I didn't get to the gym.  I couldn't even imagine getting to the gym.  

But here are the two ways I kick myself back into action when I start to think "I'm too busy":

1. I'm always going to be this busy.  And at some point (hopefully) I'll also have a husband, kids, and a household to manage.  So I'm going to need to learn how to make this work.

2. If Michelle Obama can work out every day (Yes, I know she has an entire staff, but go with me on this) I can too.

So tomorrow morning I'm going to hit the gym, and hard.  And then tomorrow evening I'm going to dance the night away at the Black Diamond Ball with my girls.

I can't let weeks like these stop me from taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment